Was ist Tether?
Tether is a tocken issued by Tether Limited company which belongs to the Bitfinex trading platform. It was built on top of Omni Layer digital currency protocol, which works on the Bitcoin blockchain.
The main purpose of this token is to provide stability to traders and members of cryptocurrency market, because Tether is claimed to be backed by US dollars on Tether Ltd bank accounts, so its price is not as volatile as prices of other cryptocurrencies. However, that remains yet to be proven and is is the reason why the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission issued subpoenas to both Tether and Bitfinex. Also Tether Ltd underlines that the Tether token is not a financial instrument, and the owners of Tethers have no rights for legal claims or guarantees against losses.
Nevertheless, tether is a very popular token and is used by a number of exchanges (mostly the crypto to crypto only ones) as their main stablecoin. The amount of Tethers grew up to $2.8 billion. During summer 2018 around 80% of Bitcoin volume was traded in Tethers.
Zeige die aktuellsten News zu Tether
Mehr Infos zu Tether
- Historische Daten
- ‘Demand Shock’ for Bitcoin (BTC) as Institutions Target BTC, Says Hedge Fund Boss Anthony ScaramucciCrypto Trading News - 39 minutes agoFormer White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci believes that Bitcoin (BTC) has solid fundamentals that will drive demand going forward.In a new interview with CNBC’s…
- Israeli Authorities Catch 3 Suspects Who Laundered Millions of Euros in CryptocurrenciesCrypto Trading News - 46 minutes agoThe Israeli authorities have arrested three people suspected of defrauding the French Treasury. The undercover investigations have been carried out jointly by the Israeli police…
- UN urges developing countries to limit cryptocurrency adoption as it poses risks to financial and social stabilityCrypto Trading News - 1 hour agoAn intergovernmental United Nations (UN) body set up to advance the interests of developing countries is calling on emerging economies to cryptocurrencies to restrict.The United…
- Fidelity Macro Expert Says Stablecoins Could Accelerate Bitcoin (BTC) Adoption – Here’s HowCrypto Trading News - 1 hour agoA top executive at Fidelity Investments says dollar-pegged crypto assets could help boost adoption Bitcoin (BTC) to increase.In a new interview on the Crypto Banter…
- Mint Center May File Lawsuit Against OFAC Over Tornado SanctionsCrypto Trading News - 1 hour agoThe Coin Center — a non-profit crypto policy think tank — is considering a lawsuit against the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control…