Was ist Ethereum?
Ethereum is a decentralized operating system. The platform introduced, in practice, the concept of "decentralized applications". Its founder, Vitalik Buterin, has been engaged in the development of blockchain and Bitcoin since its inception.
Today, several cryptocurrencies are issued in ICOs using Ethereum. These tokens are called ERC-20, and they are the foundation for running scripts in the Ethereum Virtual Machine. Through the development of "smart contracts", Ethereum made it possible to sign tokens that have a specific function besides being a medium of exchange and broadened the capabilities of blockchain "transactions".
Its key cryptocurrency is the Ether, which is usually used for payments in smart contracts or dApps. In addition, Ethereum is also fueled with GAS, a cryptocurrency associated with operations that require some kind of computation from its nodes. The GAS price is proportional to the type of the computational power required execute a task. Therefore, a fee in GAS is included to pay for the nodes running or authenticating a transaction.
Originally, Ethereum used proof-of-work to reach consensus. The Casper protocol, however, gradually shifted Ethereum consensus from PoW to a custom proof-of-stake protocol.
Zeige die aktuellsten News zu Ethereum
Mehr Infos zu Ethereum
- Historische Daten
- Analyst Says Chainlink (LINK) and Low-Cap Ethereum Altcoin Set for Rallies – Here Is Its Price TargetCrypto Trading News - 9 minutes agoA well-regarded crypto analyst says that the decentralized oracle network Chainlink (LINK) and another, not yet known Ethereum-based altcoins are intended for rallies.Michaël van de…
- ‘Demand Shock’ for Bitcoin (BTC) as Institutions Target BTC, Says Hedge Fund Boss Anthony ScaramucciCrypto Trading News - 1 hour agoFormer White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci believes that Bitcoin (BTC) has solid fundamentals that will drive demand going forward.In a new interview with CNBC’s…
- Israeli Authorities Catch 3 Suspects Who Laundered Millions of Euros in CryptocurrenciesCrypto Trading News - 1 hour agoThe Israeli authorities have arrested three people suspected of defrauding the French Treasury. The undercover investigations have been carried out jointly by the Israeli police…
- UN urges developing countries to limit cryptocurrency adoption as it poses risks to financial and social stabilityCrypto Trading News - 2 hours agoAn intergovernmental United Nations (UN) body set up to advance the interests of developing countries is calling on emerging economies to cryptocurrencies to restrict.The United…
- Fidelity Macro Expert Says Stablecoins Could Accelerate Bitcoin (BTC) Adoption – Here’s HowCrypto Trading News - 2 hours agoA top executive at Fidelity Investments says dollar-pegged crypto assets could help boost adoption Bitcoin (BTC) to increase.In a new interview on the Crypto Banter…