Was ist Dogecoin?
Dogecoin is a fun meme coin that was launched on December 6, 2013. The coin is a decentralized peer-to-peer currency that tried mimicking the popular Bitcoin, but in an an effort to surpass Bitcoin's popularity. Doge features a cartoon Japanese character Shiba Inu, that acts as the coin's mascot. The intention of this mascot is to show the fun part that this coin was intended to be.
Dogecoin's developer Billy Markus based this coin's code on Lucky coin, that is based on another coin called tecoin. Litecoin uses the scrypt technology in its proof-of-work consensus mechanism preventing dedicated Bitcoin miners from mining. It is for this reason that Dogecoin was at least originally effectively mined with ordinary PCs instead of the dedicated miners.
While it was introduced as a fun coin, Dogecoin's community has since grown by a lot. It is now mainly used to tip social media users who contribute great and interesting content on various platforms. Instead of simply liking their content, the contributors get rewards in form of Dogecoins. It is also frequently used for raising funds for charity events, eg. in the case of the construction of a well in the Tana river delta in Kenya.
Apart from Billy Markus, who came up with the original idea, another key individual in the coin's development is Jackson Palmer of Adobe Systems. It is Palmer who took over this project and propelled it to its current status.
Zeige die aktuellsten News zu Dogecoin
Mehr Infos zu Dogecoin
- Historische Daten
- Tether launches Mexican peso-backed stablecoin EthereumTron, polygonCrypto Trading News - 5 minutes agotether announced the launch of a new type of stablecoin backed by the Mexican national currency. Initially, MXNT will be available on three main blockchains…
- Crypto CEO ready to donate at least $1,000,000,000 to influence US presidential election outcomeCrypto Trading News - 20 minutes agoThe founder and CEO of crypto exchange FTX says he is willing to give at least $100 million to the right candidate in the next…
- Avalanche Invites BAYC’s otherside to roam to its subnetsCrypto Trading News - 32 minutes agoLayer one (L1) protocol. Avalanche requested ApeCoin DAOto consider launching the renowned Metaverse project Otherside on its Layer Two subnet and touting its strengths in…
- Play-to-Earn (P2E) tokens worth your time on May 26thCrypto Trading News - 1 hour agoGala Games is giving away 4 million in prizes, which created a hype around the project. Immutable X announced a $40 million developer fund with…
- Monero seems poised to retrace to $150Crypto Trading News - 1 hour agoappears to be cutting through a critical area of support which could result in significant losses. The central theses Monero could drop by more than…